Okay! So after 8 days of traveling and so far 7 days of home. Things are pretty good! And the driving really wasn't too bad. Somehow it went by pretty fast. First change of scenery was through northern/western texas. Although it was VERY flat, it was so beautifully vast. You could see from one end of the horizon to the other. We saw rain storms several miles away and could see it from end to end. We even drove through what seemed like a tornado cloud. I think we almost saw one form! I was pretty excited. At the end of the day we saw the most gorgeous rainbow. The most incredible one I've ever seen! It was a whole rainbow! from on end to the other. It was sunset and the wheat fields were gold and the rainbow almost seemed like the entrance to heaven. dark blue clouds on the outside of the rainbow and light blue almost white on the inside of it. I wish I had a camera to capture the whole thing, but it was soo huge that I had to take 3 pictures to get the whole thing! amazing.
Albuquerque was our next trip, a little too dry and very windy for me. But still neat things to see. Finally, the Grand Canyon. I've heard over and over, "it's so big," "you're driving along and suddenly it's a big hole," or "wow"... I had those reactions, but it wasn't until Brian and I hiked down a few miles when I really began to appreciate it more. The first lookout point was called the "Ooh ahh point" Definitely was. It's the picture of me sitting on the rock... and yes, I was at the VERY edge. Looks photoshoped, but isn't.
Next day, VEGAS BABY! Actually, we enjoyed it, but decided it's not "our town." A little too busy and crazy and expensive. Our hotel was pretty fance. We had an AWSOME view of the New York New York hotel. We saw Cirque du soliel, "Mystere". And the belagio fountain shows and even gambled a little.... not really. We had $50 in free casino money... didn't win though. But we did decide to put dow one dollar each at a slot machine. both lost. sucks. wow, we sure did a LOT of walking. That's one heck of a long strip!
Brian and I coulnd' wait for the folks on tuesday morning. So we left a few hours earlier in hopes to get to Kfalls in enough time to sign papers and unload.
Brian's parents were exceptionally wonderful! They helped us soooo much! It's amazing the love parents show to their children. We are so grateful for the free nights in their camper and meals along the way. and of course family around is always nice. They even helped unload and unpack and setup our new home! wow! pretty great! :)
Friday, we went up to Crater Lake (pictures to come soon since we left our camera, only on theirs) BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to show it off to everyone! There was still at least 8 feet of snow in some places and about 20 degrees colder than K-Falls. And we're only an hour away. We had on our big winter jackets and were still cold. It started to rain, so we picniked in the car!!
Saturday morning, the folks left and Brian are officially on our own and very far from home. After being a little sentimental, we unpacked a little more then at 7pm decided to hike a little trail down the road. So close we didn't ahve to drive. About a mile and a half long following the link river was the actual Klamath FALLS. Their only about 6 feet tall, but surrounded by our mountains and rapids, it was beautiful. and a fun short adventure.
Today was brian's first day of work. He'll be home in about 30 minutes. Can't wait to hear what it's like. MAYBE I can convince him that he can post on here too! He's the true writer and poet in this family.
These sunsets seem to be pretty common here. The is Upper Klamath Lake... taken just a mile from home.
7 comments:
AMAZING pictures! What a fun road trip! And I agree, having the love of family is a great blessing!
Great pic of you on the tip of the rock! Beautiful rainbow! Packed cars!! Cute couple!
In looking at these pictures, I realized how much I miss you friend. Hopefully we can be together again soon.
Love you so much. Beijos
Miss y'all already. So jealous of the mountains and trials to hike and bike. Hope it's all you wanted. Talk to you soon! -Sarah
Thanks so much for including us on The Sebastian Trail! We sure enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading about your trip. We made the first part of your trip last year when we moved Joel to California - drove through Northwest Texas, spent the night at Albuquerque, went to Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. We enjoyed revisiting those places with you! We pray God's blessings on you as you begin a new phase in your life!
We love you! Hugs, Uncle Ron and Aunt Alana
awesome blog.....glad you guys made it safely. We miss you but are glad you like your new home. Skeeter says hi and for you not to get a scary dog. You look happy...love you....Joe.
Looks amazing! I'm coming to visit.
Jill, your house is adorable! I wish I could sit on the edge of that rock for hours! It is so beautiful (and slightly scary) but what a wonderful place to see God's creation!
and your rainbow pics are awesome, wish i could have seen. Ok, so im coming to visit for shizzle.
love you!
Jill & Brian, congratulations on your lovely home & your successful trip. Thanks for sharing with your adventures with us via blog. I am very excited for the two of you and wish you a mulititude of blessings........Cindy Granger
Post a Comment