On Saturday, we woke up early (first to finish Harry Potter #7...AMAZING!) and then run down to Portland's Farmer's Market and later the Saturday Market.
The Saturday Market was also amazing. We ended up grabbing some lunch and just sitting down, imagining we were back in the French Quarter.
So after the market lunch, we decided to gr
discount ice cream from Cold Stone (Jill is the master of coupons. Our entire weekend was on sale!).
Come Sunday, we went home via northern Oregon. We drove through the Columbia River Gorge and played in waterfalls, then on past countless vineyards and farms (where we picked some groceries......picked our produce that is!)
It's a dream come true to have a good camera to play with!!
And out of nowhere, Mt. Hood suprised us!
Of course, this was still a week before our official 1 year. So, on the true day, we went out to eat at the best place Klamath Falls has to offer. Applebees!...just kidding.
I think it's called Bel Tramonto. It's a quaint Italian restaurant that caters to the palate and the atmosphere. The fancy evening was a treat, but we had a real dessert waiting at home!
A 1 year old cake top!!!
After peeling away all the tin foil, tape, seran wrap, marshmellows, and....TIME!, we still had a cake!
I won't lie though, it tasted like, well, a one year old cake. We finished our slices, but didn't even make a dent in the whole cake. However, I strongly recommend saving the top from the wedding. It totally made the lack of freezer space worthwhile.
To make up for that cake, Jill decided to spoil me with a different cake. A birthday cake!
I worked extra hard to put that day's wildfires to make it home. I was pretty late, but I made it!
Jill made it a very special day, even though she felt pretty awkward singing "Happy Birthday" all by herself.
When Jill asked what I wanted for my birthday meal, my sole response was "To GRILL!" We spent days fixing this spread, and we only had to postpone it once because of fires.
All made possible by Sarah and Chris Holeman!! Thanks again for the grill!
Luckily, I had the Crater Lake Century to burn off all these calories!
Over 6 hours
7,540 vertical feet to climb
2 gallons of gatorade and water
1 cracked seat post!!!!!!
Countless moments pleading my bike not to break down
I had to represent, of course!!
I think I had a few riders comment, but I was usually passing them so fast I could never understand what they were saying! HAHAHA!!
As usual, Jill took the gold for being the best spouse/cheerleader/supportcrew/photographer/aid station. Couldn't have done it without her!
(Between that gravel and the heat, I almost bit it right there at the end!!)
A guy that I met during the ride had a ice cold "Dad's" root beer in his car for the end of the race. He ended up giving it to me!!
Sorry this was such a delayed and lengthy post, but I hope you've enjoyed some of our latest adventures.
We miss y'all! Give us a shout soon!
2 comments:
Great post Brian! I loved seeing all the pictures! Wow, you all live in such a beautiful place!Good job on the race too! I know Jill was very proud of you!
Jill, you look beeeeautiful!! Oh how I miss you my dear friend... The cake you made looked yummy! Both market places looked so fun!
Looks like you are enjoying your new home/town! Hope to visit you there someday!
Mil beijos and tight abraços, Cristina
hello Organauts!! That's what I will call you from now on. I'm so jealous of your camera...and the skill to actually take a good picture. Glad you're being so adventurous and checking out everything your new state has to offer. Looks like a ton!! The list of things to do when we come is getting longer and longer!! Love you both, Sarah
p.s. Chris says hello
Post a Comment