I can't believe it's been almost 2 months sine we last poster... And feel like we really haven't done too much. This summer has gone by too fast.
Here's a recap of all the "happy's/crappy's" we've had since July:
(happy crappy= high/lows - it's what we say in our home group sometimes)
Happy:My garden is producing really yummy veggies!
Crappy: Sadie and the birds seemed to like most of them, I've only been able to enjoy the tomatoes and peppers. they ate the beans, more bell peppers, jalapenos and even strawberries!
happy: We thought Sadie caught a rabbit!
crappy: it was really the hawk that lives in the spruce tree in our backyard!
We've gone on hikes and camping trips:
Happy: Medicine Lake... A beautifully clear lake in northern Cali at a friend's lakehouse/cabin with several other fun friends. I kayaked for the first time... And now am fully convinced I REALLY want one! So does Brian.
We forgot to bring the chocolate for the smores, so we used snickers! So yummy, I don't think I'll ever use semisweet chocolate again.
crappy: During our Medicine Lake trip, we wanted to bring little Sadie... Bad decision, poor thing, she just got fixed and couldn't get in the water with her stiches... So needless to say there was lots of "No! Sadie! Out!" but the trip itself was nice.
happy: Brian had his 24th Birthday. and got LOTS of cool climbing toys and other fun things.
Our latest trip was this past weekend to FINALLY celebrate our anniversary.
Happy/crappy: We decided it's about time for us to take a trip to the Oregon Coast. So we asked around where to go and decided on a state park called Sunset Bay.
Disclaimer: this really probably should go under crappy... But I can't make myself put our anniversary trip under crappy
We planned to leave Friday around 4 pm, but didn't get out until 6pm.
We thought the trip would take about 5 hrs.... It took about 6.5 hrs
Once we finally arrived, sleepy and exhausted, a little lost and with tummy aches (from the terrible McDonalds Chicken Selects - so not used to fast food anymore), at the campsite around 12:30 am.
We came to discover it was full. No vacancies. We had not made reservations (disclaimer #2: we are used to hiking in and camping wherever we want! - no reservations required) so drove off to the next campgrounds..... No vacancies either.... The next one.... Same... Went back to the first campgrounds drove around and actually found a spot with no one there and no card saying it was reserved. After driving around VERY slowly, we went back to the campsite, Brian dropped me off. I sent up the tent, he went off to pay. Once the tent was set up, Brian returned to only find out this one was reserved after all. So put the tent back up. Got in the truck. Drove down the hwy, found a large shoulder. Pulled over. And stayed the night. Grabbed a blanket from the cab of the truck. And tried to sleep... Waking up at every car that passed.
7 am arrived, we took off the the ocean and tried to enjoy it. Cold and foggy. Since the tide was down, I did get to see really cool orange and purple starfish! (VERY HAPPY). Went back to the campsite and actually found a site! (supposedly we were VERY lucky to have gotten one at all!) set up camp, and took a nap.
We did finally get to go to the beach and enjoy it. Sadie loved chasing the seagulls, they also liked diving in at her too) but the wind was so strong sand kept getting all over the place, so I could enjoy reading. We only stayed an hour. Went back later for sunset. That was nice.
On our drive back. We stopped at a waterfall. That was the highlight of the trip for me! Pretty sad.
to say the least, we wont be going back anytime soon.
happy: is that I've been working a lot. I've been designing all sorts of things. Which Is great for building my clientelle.....
But the VERY happy is that I've finished all those projects and have free time to do whatever I want!
crappy: because it took up every single day after work and weekends of this summer.
Happy: we finally plan on pressure washing the house this weekend and painting it next weekend! so here are the colors - feel free to vote which one you prefer.
Crappy: I don't think it's going the be the big painting party we were hoping for, so it might take longer than we'd like
happy: Brian has been rock climbing a whole lot lately. He took a quick weekend trip to Lovers Leap down in California with a couple of buddies. Just after two days they were completely wiped when they got home... What the heck did you do?!
happy: we've both been busy helping with lots of different/good activities
I've become the go'to person for a dinner we organized with another local church to help feed the homeless/hungry in the church's neighborhood. There's a lot more involved in that than you might think. But I just love doing it.
kinda crappy: Brian and I had to help serve food for the dinner on our anniversary. (but happy because it was serving and we had already gone on our date the previous weekend)
happy: I just now realized our wedding photgrapher actually has our pictures in his gallery... so I'm the bridal ones and wedding ones... go see for fun!
happy: weather has been soooo wonderful! even when everyone think
s it's miserably hot, it's nothing compared to louisiana... I love the summers here!
crappy: it's getting chilly already. I bet we'll be having our first frost soon.
Happy: we're finally writing a blog
crappy: it's way too long and my wrists hurt. Sorry you have to read so much!
3 comments:
yeah!!! You updated!! Now I guess I can make it another few months for the next one!! J/K Glad y'all are having such a great time out there. Can't wait to come visit again!
Great to get an update from you and see such BEAUTIFUL pictures! I really like the one of you (Jill) and Sadie with the sunset in the background...
I saw the pictures of your wedding on that website. You have some great bridal pictures! That dress was truly amazing!
Love you so much, Cristina
first of all, Jill, Brian, you guys suck at blogging. Cold hard truth.
Second, Happy/Crappy - great format.
3rd, jealousy, envy.
4th, I miss you guys. Brian, we are almost halfway through the 3 year deal.
Post a Comment