Sometimes, life brings unexpected changes our way.
I thought I had figured out my life's plan, in spite of many tears I've cried, I know that this new path, or what seems to me new, is going to be good. I have been dreading writing this last post. It is not only painful, but just one more thing to do to close off this part of my life.
Brian and I have decided to go different ways in life. A dream I once thought would last a lifetime is now dead. The pain still exists, yet I have this complete peace and understanding that this is where we need to be. When I begin to doubt myself or this whole crazy life, I am reminded by those that love me, I am being guided and am listening to the One who created me and takes care of me. I know this is difficult for some to understand, but we cannot judge others when you have not been here.
It is a difficult thing to explain why we have decided this. Especially when, just a year ago, I would have NEVER said okay to such a thing. To me, then, marriage seemed black and white and, no matter what, lasting till the end. And now, just a year later, my perspectives have completely changed. My love has both died and grown. I view life more carefully but at the same time more boldly.
Although I might not have my entire life ahead of me planned, I originally thought I needed to leave Klamath Falls. After applying for job and job after job and getting only rejections, I kept receiving so much love and encouragement from my friends here that I've decided to stay in this town. A friend approached me to open a Yoga and Wellness Center. At first I was afraid of the idea of staying, since I came here with Brian and felt I needed to start over somewhere else. But the entire concept of what we'd bring to Klamath is what tugged my heart and said, stay. The Ghandi quote (thank you Mrs Abby for my first time hearing this quote), "Be the change you wish to see in the world" is how I feel about what I'm doing.
I've been teaching yoga for a few months and will be going in late May to Mexico to get extensive training. (no worries, it's a safe part. I've spoken with my business colleague, who just returned in feb from there, and said there was no sign of threat. It's more secluded and not touristy part. I know I'm a female, but most yoga students are . An there has been nothing to worry about from anyone who's gone in the past) With that said, we're planning on opening June 1, 2011. Asana Yoga and Wellness is the name. I'm building the site. So bookmark it!
Brian has decided to fully pursue his passion for firefighting full time. This is what he was meant to do and loves being a part of. He is gifted and talented to lead crews and I'm glad he has found his niche in his career aspect of life. In Spite of his broken collar bone last week, he's strong and I'm proud of him for pulling through. That doesn't include his love for running and rock climbing. Already completed 2 marathons and placed 1st and 2nd, I can't imagine how much more he will achieve.
I know I love Brian's family no less. My life will always be connected and my heart will continue to feel the love I share. I have nothing but beautiful memories with all the Sebastians. My heart grieves knowing this will cause separation among us all. But I feel more than proud to have been part of this family. I know all this sound cheesy, but I really will hold these memories close to my heart. And will never have a negative thing to say. Only love.
Thank you dearest ones
Monday, May 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Proud of you, friend. Great words, great woman. I love you.
Post a Comment