Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Oregonians

We're officially Oregonians...



Brian and I have been biking and taking short but pleasant hiking/adventure trips. Because of the fires in Northern California, we get stuck with lots of their smoke. It's not very healthy to be outside right now, so on Sunday, after our visit to the local theatre to see "The Dark Knight" (woohoo!!) we took a trip up to Crater Lake to attempt to escape the smokey air down here in the basin. To our dismay, the smoke was still pretty thick, even up at 7,000 something feet. Brian took his bike, rode UP Up Up the volcano and around and back up and down to better prepare for the Crater Lake Centure Ride in August! CRAZY. I, on the other hand, sat outside and in the visitor's center... relaxing, doing some work.


Zooming by

The number of bugs and mosquitoes were INSANE!


My view from the visitor's center




Moore Park is the closest and nicest park in town. we walk down to hang out every so often. It's one of the few places in this high desert town that is actually pretty lush and green! Which reminds me.... It actually rained for the second time since we've been here. (although the first barely counts- about 5 minutes off and on and immediate evaporation) This time, it actually rained quite a bit and for a whole 10 minutes! we even had puddles! I really miss the rain!




Brian took this beautiful shot on Upper Klamath Lake... practically our backyard




Brian's really enjoying the camera..... so I decided to wait





At the top of the "hill". We live over to the right



Brian? A&F model?


Last night, Brian got back from his first fire "outing"! Got home pretty late, but with exciting stories. A warm meal and straight to bed for another day at work... maybe another fire today? We had a lightning storm a couple of days ago, so they're keeping watch for smoldering. Since our official "lighting" season has begun, I'm sure he'll be out on his hopefull fire detail soon. (2 weeks straight)






This weekend we're going on a canoe/kayak trip with another couple and their son. Pretty excited about it.

Finally, Here are pictures of our home !



Cute little wreath I made




Our living room



coffee table




Dining area... with our temporary table and chairs (we couldn't fit our old dining table on the trip!)





Kitchen




Office/guest room





Mr. Smokejumper




Hall from one bedroom to other. Bathroom is on left.




Our Master bedroom



My vegetable and herb garden

Could these be the critters nibbling at my tomato and pepper leaves?! backyard/deck
We thouroughly enjoy our grill... and it's never too hot up here to eat outside!
Our pretty crammed garage... mostly outdoor gear. And we want more?! HECK YEA!

I hope you enjoyed the tour of our home. We really hope you all get to come up at some point! Until then, keep in touch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!!! I loved seeing pictures of your home sweet home! It looks great! I love your special touch you brought to it! You are so good with decorating! Maybe some day I will be able to visit you there! Wouldn't that be fun?
Parabéns amiga! I really like it! Did you paint the shelf and light in the living room green? I love the art around the house too.
I will have to take pictures of my apartment so you can see it. Thanks for putting up these pics!
Love you tons, Titina

Anonymous said...

You guys are inspirational. I'm so impressed. You look happy and well adjusted to your new life. The two of you are very talented and it shows everywhere.....in your blog, your photographs, your posts, your home.......

Abby & Bobby told me you guys have a new camera. What did you get? Jill, I'd also like to talk to you about the Graphic Design cirriculum at LSU. I am considering this for the Fall.

Continue to enjoy yourself and thanks for letting us "peak" in on your life.

Cindy Granger
cindy70576@gmail.com